The good thing about most professions is that there is always lots of scope to improve. Bricklayers Sunshine Coast realise this fact and therefore, they strive day and night to become even more perfect in what they do. If you are also looking to become a better bricklaying Sunshine Coast professional, go through the valuable tips offered by the experts in this post. Let us quickly go through some of them.
With the help of these tips, you'll be a better professional and achieve expertise in laying bricks faster and with better precision. These tips would also help you improve the overall quality of your performance.
Tip#1. Setting up right
- The first thing you need to learn is setting the bricks right.
- According to them, the stacks should not be longer than 3 feet or 1 meter.
- Similarly, you need to keep the stacks and mortar board about 3 feet or 1 meter away from the wall.
- They recommend these two points because having everything within your reach would be comfortable and save your time at the same time.
Tip#2. Standing right
- The experts say that you should not stand, facing towards the wall.
- You need to stand parallel and keep your trowel hand on the outward side.
- The reason why they recommend this posture is that you'll not be turning on a constant basis that actually kills the speed.
Tip#3. Furrow right
- According to the experts of blocklaying Sunshine Coast, you need to furrow your bed joint from the side and underneath the stringline.
- At the same time, your trowel should be perpendicular to the bed rather than inline with the top.
- They give this tip as this is the fastest way to do it. Moreover, through this method, it is easier to stay off the line.
Tip#4. Pick-up in the right manner
- According to blocklaying Sunshine Coast experts, you should pick up the brick right way and at the same time load your trowel for application
- This would enhance your speed as one movement would be reduced.
- This movement would be of picking up the brick, spinning it and then, loading the trowel.
Tip#5. Right buttering tips from blocklayers Sunshine Coast
- According to them, buttering should be done with a full joint.
- The ideal movement is - three swipes, the whole face and then, the two edges.
- With this movement, you'll create a better moisture barrier and moreover, you'll not be filling the holes.
Tools required by bricklayers Sunshine Coast
- Spot board
- Bricklaying trowel
- 150mm boat spirit level
- 600mm spirit level (if you have one)
- Lump hammer
- Bolster chisel
- Tape measure
- Plumb line (a length of string with a couple of nails attached)
- A piece of metal or rubber tube 20-25mm diameter
- Soft hand brush
Author: Isabella Ava